Strangely, I think Bryan is finally settling into some form of a routine. He was grounded at home for the week he was sick. And I had to feed him stuffs that he didn't like to eat. If you have a two-year-old too, you know these little people just don't like anything, basically. I was fooled for 10 months when Bryan said "No" to whatever I tried to feed him. Books always tell you that it's a losing battle if you start a food fight with your pre-schoolers. But I finally learnt that it's the old grandmother's method that works: OPEN YOUR MOUTH! And then you stick a spoonful of wholesome nutrition into his mouth. O yes, he cried. But wait there, just listen to that: He was just complaining. He wasn't in pain, munching the food, and cried no tears! In fact, I think he's secretly enjoying the new tastes!
At the same time, I've done lots of stuffs to get him distracted, e.g. I read him a book while we eat. We colour some pictures. We play games: e.g. What does an elephant eat? etc We talk about food: Actually, this book is a life-saver. "Good enough to eat" from Lizzy Rockwell. Suddenly, Bryan realises that little children eat the same types of food too.
It's amazing now that he expects an afternoon nap! In his room, in his bed!!! :) Praise God!!!
So with a wholesome diet and afternoon naps, we should see his weight picking up again. He lost two good kilos when he was sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment