Wednesday, October 31, 2007

kristin talks...

She's been quite chatty recently. Just about time, 2 months into school. After four months of nursery Bryan attended in Singapore, not only was he talking at at the speed of a bullet train, he was also performing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars on keyboard. He was about 27 months old then. He did have the advantage of starting school a month earlier than Kristin did. And of course, he enjoyed much more adults' attention since young.

But I find Kristin's speech pretty advance too. E.g. I wanted her to go show Daddy her tongue. (Side-track: She has been having ulcers in her mouth since Saturday. Think trick-or-treating almost dehydrated her.)

She came back to me and she said, "I did (it) already!" Past tense! Wow!

This evening after dinner, Kristin was tugging at a cushion, dragged it across the living area and laid it down on the floor. When she realised that I was observing her, she explained her intent: I need to sit on the pillow, Mommy. See! And there she was, sitting on the cushion.

Ok, I wasn't going to argue that it was a cushion and not a pillow. I was very impressed that she sensed my curiosity and offered me an explanation for her silly antic.

More on her language to come...

No comments: