Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a sahm finally...

Yes... this is what I've been wanting to live out!

I'm staying at home so that:
- I can drop off and pick up the kids at preschool.
- I can follow my children on field trips. This morning, I had my first debut as a chaperone for Bryan's field trip. It was a short walk to the duck pond and we collected leaves in the wonderful golden fields of autumn - nothing much to boast about. But yes, I want to be that mom who enjoys school experience with her children!
- I can experiment with recipes and bake as many cupcakes and muffins as I want.
- I can bring muffins over to another mommy friend's place and share them with her kids! Haha, so taitai now!
- I can sneak out for a lunch break with my husband and his colleagues (for some adult company) while the kids are at school and then back to being a sahm again when I pick them up after a decent lunch.

And now, while the kids are napping, I can steal some rest from my biking exercise this morning. I overestimated myself and attempted to bike to the kids' school within 15 minutes for my volunteer work. The uphill route proved to be a near heartattack experience. I came into the hallway looking all flustered, just 5 minutes before the class was about to leave the building and Bryan's teacher asked me how I was doing. It was so embarassing that I could only murmur a soft ok while I was still catching my breath!

I really should be going to the gym more often and bake less at home! Anyway, I don't bake when the kids aren't home.

No comments: