I gave a long hard thought on what kind of idiosyncrasies I could possibly have... really long one, while I was out at the gym this morning working out, driving through the city avoiding all traffic congestions, and over at a friend's place for play date. Ermm, actually my kids had a play date. We mommies just chilled and talked. Nice, the play date of course, not my quirks.
My bestest friend - she lives in Munich now - would be the next best person (other than my spouse) who can tell you about my other random 6's. But here is the list of 6 I can come up with:
1) The one about the toilet/bathroom
I'm sure this is pretty common, esp when public toilets are concerned. E.g. I would rather hold than go into a dark, dirty and smelly public toilet. Who wouldn't? But this isn't the end of my quirk.
This one is about my friends' toilets and bathrooms.
During our uni days, Al and I used to visit friends who lived in various German cities. Once, a friend was out of town, so we could visit the city and at the same time stay over at his apartment for free! How nice! When we got back to Berlin, we received a call one day from this friend who insisted that he was being questioned by the police. Coz his whole bathroom and kitchen were sparkling clean... Not a single fingerprint at all! Of course, that was a joke. I wiped down his whole bathroom coz I just couldn't use the shower anymore. There I was on my holiday, and I was out at the supermarket getting cleaning agents to scrub down the house. Since then, whenever friends hear that I'm coming-a-visiting, they will usually do bathroom inspections first.
Ok, those were the days before the kids came along. Now my standard of hygiene is not up there anymore. Or rather my tolerance for filth has overtaken my idiosyncrasy. So don't expect me to clean your bathroom or house when you have me over as guest. Be realistic, I'll be bringing crumbs along... I mean, kids! My kids will be bringing crumbs along. If not, they'll make some on the spot.
2) The one about keeping scores
I love to play games... but I suck at keeping scores. I can play a winning game (erm, not keeping scores, but I win. See the contradiction?). Yet whenever anyone mentions about keeping scores, my hands will start to jitter, my heart will be pumping at its maximum, I will start to hyperventilate and then... bam! I lose the game! Whatever game... it can be badminton, tennis, computer games or even mahjong... I crack easily under pressure. I mean, I totally disintegrate.
3) The one about truancy
The first time I skipped a class, I was 19 when I was at the uni. And I loved it!!! Ha... Yep, my partner in crime and I decided to give our lecture a miss and go do some shopping instead. How did we like it? We wondered why we didn't start with truancy any earlier! So ultra sad... P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.
4) The one about dirty laundries
I hate doing laundries with a vengeance. First I got to separate the clothes... the colours... dump them into the washing machine. Sort them out again before I dump them into the dryer. Hang up those that cannot be tumbled in the dryer. Then fold the clothes... and finally put the clothes back into the closet/cupboards/drawers... whatever! And as I'm doing this meme now, I'm running back and forth between my room and the laundry room... HATE it!
Let me scrub the bathroom floor ANYTIME!
5) The one about going solo
I was always on stage as a kid and a teenager... a performer of sort. In primary school, I danced... a lot. And finally when I became a senior and I got my first solo, my mom made me quit my ECA. She thought I should be concentrating on PSLE. So can you imagine what ECA points I got? Nothing! For being in the cultural dance club from P1 to P6 (half year)! Luckily ECA points weren't a big thing then.
During my secondary school days, I was busy with the Chinese Orchestra. Always on stage, backstage, but never in front of the stage to enjoy a concert, not once did I get to be an audience on Founder's Day, Youth's Day, Teachers' Day, School Concert Night, Chinese New Year Concert or National Day Celebration... sigh! Anywayz, this time, I got another opportunity to perform solo again. Luckily for my ego, my mom didn't make me drop out, even though it was the O level's year. Otherwise I would have been devastated!
6) The one about a TV/newspaper celebrity... just a little one.
Hee... can you believe it? I had a little air time on national TV when I took part in a competition at Primary 3. Do you still remember the Chinese quiz show for Primary School Students? Yep I was one of them!!! :p
I was in a little column too when a newspaper journalist interviewed me. Ok, no proof now... But I'm sure my parents still have the newspaper clipping somewhere. Be sure to ask them for it when you meet them! ;)
There... my random of 6.
Let's cross over to Simple Abundance and Adventures of Babybel and read what others have to say about their 6's. Helen and Ivana, you have just been tagged.
4 comments:
Haha, Cindy. I really need you ahead of toilet stops when we're travelling, yeah!!
Glad to have you back!!!
Yes! The IAA strikes again! Let's see how long Ad can tahan before she writes her meme.
After reading yours, I'm envisioning you scrubbing the bathroom while scorning the laundry and performing a solo, haha!! And since you don't keep score, want to play scrabble with me? :D
Ad: If it's in Germany, yeah, no prob! ;) Anywhere else... ermmm, wait till we get back to the hotel, ok?
Mon: Scouring bathroom now??? No way! It's a service apartment... So I get service! ;)
But laundry... sigh... wait till we run out of clothes to wear... then I'll start folding clothes from the fresh pile. Haha... sing a song, maybe. Haven't touched my Guzheng for almost 15 years already!
Scrabble... no thanks! I'll be so slow... I can see words in tiny tiles... I'll probably be like Andre, Oh.... I see!
Hey Cindy,
Haven't been to your blog for quite a while. I thought that you will be too busy packing & bidding farewell and hey surprised that you still have the energy to write so much!
Hmmm...6 random things about myself yeah. Okie okie when I have time to sit down and type out my thoughts!
Helen
Post a Comment