Tear-free, but lots of stress. Bryan just couldn't wait to get to kindy. He asked every other second while we were in the bus when we were arriving in the kindergarten. Today's an exception, being the first day of school plus school bus ride, I was allowed to ride with them. Yep, being the first few to board the school bus, the usual journey of 10 min was stretched to 45! So we were barely in time at 8.45 am. Immediately he ran off to his classroom. I couldn't keep up with him since I had to drop off Kristin at her classroom in another block. By the time I went to check on him, he came up and told me to leave. "Why are you still here, Mommy? You can go now. See you later!"
I think Bryan hasn't cried since the 10 days he spent crying when I placed him in a pre-pre-nursery class at 23 months. Just go, Mom. School's fun. Yep, I think those 10 days are probably valid for the next 10 years of first day of school. :) Therefore, contrary to what most parents think, crying on the first day or first few days of school is common and not a traumatic experience to the children at all. And it will only do more harm than good to the crying children, if the parents choose to linger. Just go, Moms and Dads. School IS fun! Hee... just soothing my guilt for leaving a crying Kristin on Day 1.
Can you find Bryan?
5 comments:
Very cute uniforms, especially Kristin's one. Bryan's the tallest boy in the middle right?
Auntie Lilian is so clever.
Thank goodness for school uniform. No more arguments on what to wear every morning, yay!
Yes, I miss school uniform days!
They look SO cute!! I am jealous we don't have uniforms.
Yeah... we're pretty lucky that uniforms don't look silly. And yes, I definitely won't have to fret about layering them up, though we all miss winter. It's getting warmer in Frankfurt now, right?
Post a Comment