Wednesday, January 14, 2009

one last time on Feldberg...

Just half an hour drive out of Frankfurt city, one can scale some height of a 1000 m in the Taunus area. This green reserve is often a lure to people who like to hike in the summer or sled/ski in the winter. In our very last year, we found ourselves up on Feldberg pretty often, in fact all four seasons: Spring time with the surprise snowfall during Easter, to fly a kite in summer, to enjoy the warm sun in autumn and just one last chance to sled during the second last weekend of November. 

By the way, according to my past experience (after all, I've lived on and off for about 10 years in Germany), a winter is only good i.e. shiok with plenty of snowfall, when there's snow by the 2nd half of November, which was the case before we left Germany, and is the situation right now. Bet our friends there must be enjoying the snowy days. As I type this entry, it's minus 10 centigrade now with light snowfall in Frankfurt. Comparatively, chances of snowfall in Frankfurt are already much lower than where I used to study since Frankfurt in situated by the river Main and is much lower in altitude compared with Kassel. Quite unfortunately, we didn't manage to sled much the past couple of years when winter was very much an extension of autumn/spring. 

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics of us in the fluffy snow on Feldberg, just the situation I was saving our sleds and snow boots for. But I did forget something, hadn't I? Just stare at the picture below closely! 



No comments: