Thursday, June 11, 2009

pulau ubin - forging friendship



RK thinks Bryan is funny and No. 1 at singing naughty songs - yep, certainly something I'm gonna be enormously proud of. 

Bryan says RK is his best friend in Singapore, while Ryan Krohne (incidentally also an RK!) is his best friend in Germany. OOOOOOOOh.... RK.... I didn't see that coming! It must be some magic these initials carry with them! 
Of course, Bryan also misses his other best budds like Aidan and Jake. 

I found it real hilarious that my son wants to have the same haircut as RK, while Ad hears the same thing from her son... 

Yep, it's the beginning of a new friendship and here's wishing these guys great adventures through thick and thin! 

P/S. I did tell RK not to stick out his tongue. 


4 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Hahaha! Next time, you'll know which of Bryan's girlfriend will be The One - she'll have the initials RK too!!

So lovely to watch the budding friendships our kids make. And you know lah - must fight and then make up, fight and then make up ... That's the secret to great friendships!!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Oh... that's a good check! :)

I really didn't think of it until I was typing out the post. Bryan said that too...

Yeah... must fight and make up and fight and make up again. That's with RK in Germany too. :)
Remember I told you how much they fought in the beginning? To the extent, the teachers in school were like, Please, let these two have play dates and get to know each other better.

Alcovelet said...

You know what, looking back, your words were prescient. You know your son very well. I'm so glad they stuck it out!

bACk in GERMANY said...

He's been showing me this at the beginning of every year!
First it was Jake, then RK, then Aidan... and then they were all one huge gang of best budds.
Good thing was that they had to see each other in school every day. Fought, made up again... or sulked for a few days and then made up again... whatever! They had to. Otherwise they'd be missing all the fun.

Cos we all learn in the end that no one is perfect. We got to give and take, sometimes. And friendship is all about acceptance... aiyoh... sound preachy here man... gonna stop.