Monday, June 01, 2009

sunblock...

A few months ago, my little tub of Biotherm sunblock for face ran out. I was looking around to buy something since the one I was used to was not sold in Asia. I wondered why until I saw shelves and shelves of whitening sunblock/sunscreen in Watson's.
SPF 50!  And what was I covering my face with previously, only a mere SPF 12! Oops! 

But seriously, women here are crazy about whitening creams. All cosmetic companies need to do is to create something that says "whitening"...  Whitening is an endorsement! 

Just take a look here: 








While women here prefer white porcelain skin, women elsewhere love to have a sporty tan of bronze. I've never seen Eucerin and Nivea carrying their white range of products back in their home country. 

At the end of my search, I had to settle for Biotherm UV detox with 50 SPF. And with summer all year long, SPF 50 should theoretically offer more protection. 


2 comments:

Ivana said...

I use 50SPF all the time. I tan easily. And no, I'm no fan of the ghastly white skin. I love a bronzed look....

And gosh! The products there are so expensive compared to similar ones here!
= )

bACk in GERMANY said...

I can never look white. Without the sun, I'll probably look jaundiced. :o)