Monday, April 23, 2007

kristin's 20 months!

Yet another month has flown by...
I would have forgotten all about Kristin turning 20 months old if it hadn't been for all those electronic newsletters I get from Babycenter.

And indeed, what the newsletters warn me is true!

When I take Kristin out for a walk now or sometimes just to run errands, she will kick up a big fuss to get off the buggy to walk. She will go, "Walk, walk! Mommy, I walk!" What an assertive girl!

And when she does get a chance to come down to walk, she will run as fast as her legs can carry her and is totally oblivious to any cyclists, dogs, people, whatever... I usually have to drop everything and chase! Ok, that's about the amount of work out I get now since I'm barred to drop Kristin off at the childcare in the gym. You see, it's quite common to have a sniff or cough here, but the management at the childcare in the gym is so particular at any slightest sign of an infection. I need her to be really tip top... so it's back to OUCH for shoulders and upper back.

But it's not anything serious right now. I think she's probably teething again. The running nose looks pretty harmless.

Ok, no call for worries too. I usually do let her run in the Palmengarten which is cyclists- and dogs-free.

A 20-month-old Kristin is a handful to deal with now... she climbs, runs, fights with her brother and snatches his toys. She's no angel now, although strangers are still fond of her. A woman even walked up to ask if she could take a picture of her yesterday in the city centre. She was squealing how cute Kristin was. I wonder why she's such a heart-throb among people we don't know.


Just look at this shot! Definitely nothing lady-like! She was lying on Daddy's office floor, trying to kick down his cabinet.

No comments: