I was talking to Alan over dinner when Kristin picked up a flip chart of letters and was trying to get my attention, "Look, Mommy! X! It's X! X! X!"
It's indeed an X that she was pointing at. Then I quickly flipped up a few letters and then down a few letters and then back to "X" again. She could identify it without any hesitation.
Wow, I thought!
As Alan continued with his dinner, I decided to continue the flip chart game with Kristin. Let's just see how many letters she can identify, I thought. She was doing fine until she became fixated on the letter "T". Then everything else became a "T" too, even the "X". My hope for any early letter recognition in my little one was dashed! Ok... we've got to work harder on those letters on the wall frieze. We've stopped doing that for a while now.
No comments:
Post a Comment