CURRY!
Bryan caught me by surprise while we were walking out of the train station this morning on our way to the gym. What curry? Yes, curry from an Indian quick bite at the train station. Hmmm, to someone who hasn't the faintest idea how curry tastes like, Bryan sure sniffed it right on!
Yes, scent is something that needs to be nurtured. And I think we've had enough curry at home to teach Bryan how to sniff out the right spices. Scent also goes way back... So one day when I'm old and senile, I hope I still remember the smell of spring. Got to associate the scent with more pleasant emotions so that pleasant memories will come flooding back...
By the way, this is an interesting finding from a professor on olfaction:
'As humans, we’re not immediately predisposed to respond to a scent and believe that it is good or bad,' said Rachel Herz, a visiting assistant professor of psychology at Brown and the lead scientist of the study. 'When we like or don’t like a smell, that is learned.'
Hmm, so for Bryan, this is certainly something he doesn't quite fancy, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment