Thursday, October 04, 2007

more cupcakes...

It was the Day of Unity yesterday. The Germans remember this day of reunification back on October 3rd 1990 when there was no longer a division of the East and West. So... it's a bank holiday and there's no school nor work for the kids and Daddy respectively. But there's still lots of work at home for Mommy. Hmm, when is MY bank holiday ever gonna come?
Anyway, I'm not complaining because we had some fun in the kitchen yesterday creating these mini cakes. Now, armed with advices and tips from Wendy, I returned confidently this time with a rojak recipe (well, not really rojak, but a recipe put together from many different ones to yield the optimal results). The rojak recipe really didn't turn out too bad! :)

Bryan was again a great help. And of course, this time we only started after Kristin had gone down for a nap.
This was my very first attempt of the day to frost:

I made this one especially for Alan and it turned out that he picked this one as his favourite design! Yay... I do know my man well!

This one was initially a flop. But I managed to repair the damage enough that it didn't look to bad to me after all:

Now this one was a design painstakingly done by Kristin throwing in the pistachio nuts in between the circle of almonds and chocolcate cream:
In the end, we ran out of frosting (the basic white ones) - only managed to frost 9 out of the 12 cupcakes baked.

2 comments:

khengyan said...

aiyo .... they are so digustingly delicious looking.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Haha... I can see that my cupcakes have been keeping you up late! ;)