Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the longest word is...

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS... yay...!

When Bryan started to ask me for the 99th time about arriving at our hotel in Friedrichshafen in the car a couple of weeks ago - our road trip to Lake Constance, I decided to distract him a little:

Me: So Bryan, do you wanna learn the longest word in the world?

Bryan: Yeah.

Me: It's super-

Bryan: Super-

Me: cali- , fragi- listic- expi- ali- docious, while Bryan was mouthing each part after me. Not bad, the fella got it within the last 10 minutes of our drive, while Dad and Mom were a bit confused with the navigation.

We haven't thought much of the word since the episode until last Saturday evening. Bryan suddenly blurted it out after dinner, It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Hmmm... he still remembers it. And oh, it's time he watches Mary Poppins, I thought.

When Alan left for London on Sunday afternoon, I decided to let Mary Poppins do the babysitting, for the first time ever. She was just perfect for Bryan. But the hocus pocus didn't work with Kristin. Sigh...

No comments: