This will be my last year of gardening. In the beginning, I was overwhelmed by the lavish space for flowers. I really didn't know what to do. We moved in November 2005, and that winter was long and hard. Most of the flower boxes were buried by snow for most part of the winter. But once spring arrived, I was pulling out weeds almost every week. That was when I was "called" to put some plants into the flower boxes.
So here they are... I'm missing them already. I won't be able to move them back to Singapore. And the next tenant will probably "murder" them all. Sniff! Though most of the plants won't survive the winter, my poor lavender and roses perhaps won't live to see the next spring.
Self-harvesting some lavender for the guest bathroom...
4 comments:
your photos are so nice. Summer looks delicious! And your kids are so lucky to experience the 4 seasons ...
Thanks for the compliment! I shall continue to bug my hubby to buy me a digi SLR! ;)
Yep, I will surely miss the seasons here.
Thing is my kids haven't quite experienced the sultry equatorial weather! At least not for Kristin. She was swooped off to Germany when she was 12 weeks old, and that might have been her first summer months anyway while she was in Sg. So they will be shocked when they find out for themselves that there's no winter, spring, summer or autumn to look forward to back in Singapore!
Wow, what green fingers you have..Beautiful flowers! Hmm, how about a spice garden for your SG home?
So you gonna miss this year's winter?
Cindy, your blog has turned really bright and cheerful. Strawberries, cherries, flowers and picnic! Better start preparing them for reverse culture and weather shock. But having said that, I'm sure they will grow to appreciate the better side of having no seasons eg - they can go to the playground, swimming pool and seaside everyday :)
Post a Comment