Thursday, July 17, 2008

harvest...


I still haven't watered my plants for obvious reasons: 
1) It's been predicted to rain the next few days. 
2) The weather's been cool. Definitely not a sweltering hot summer here. No need to drown my plants. 

A vast difference from the glorious week we spent in Provence and Cote d' Azur where temperature was always a pleasant 27 deg, dry and breezy. 

When we came home, we found some fruits/veg ready for harvesting. My mom always tells me to snip off dried leaves, wilting flowers and of course, in this case, fruits that are harvest ready. In that way, the nutrients in the soil will be used effectively for the other buds to bloom and thus yielding more fruits. No books there... just some wise words from someone who used to spend her free time in her youth working in a pineapple plantation - definitely not her favourite pastime though. 



The kids and the crops

5 comments:

Vivian Tay said...

A good harvest of truly organic fruits! Those tomatoes looks so yummy! DHL some over, won't you? ;)

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hardly organic, considering the fertilizers I use. But the pesticide is certainly not used on these plants.

I don't think you want any of those.

Alcovelet said...

Haha, what's Kristin doing? She's put on weight since I started peeping into your blog. I just love cutie pie cheeks. Eeeeyow! Very hard to resist the urge to pinch :-)!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hee... I pinch them too, once in a while. And she'll go, "Owie! Mommy, that hurts!"

Hopefully you'll still get to pinch them when we are back in Sg. I think kids start losing their chubby cheeks after they cross the 3 years line. At least that's the case for Bryan.

But I think you're quite right about the putting weight part. Since the beginning of the year, she's put on almost 2.5 kgs. Erm, that's 25% weight gain for her!

moshimoshi said...

i like how your harvest is arranged and photoed, aesthetics thumbs up!