After we tried putting Bryan to sleep in Kristin's room on last Friday night, he begged me to move him back to his own room the next morning. So I quickly replied that it wasn't going to be possible since the other room would be made into the children's playroom. Suddenly, there was a twinkle in his eyes. "Ya, Mom. I think Kristin and I can share a bedroom." The prospect of playing all day in a room sounded inviting to him.
Just before the grandparents left tonight, we decided to involve the kids with the decoration of the playroom. Possibly a good distraction, otherwise there would be no end to whining from both kids.
Still they did cry when the grandparents left. Though Bryan was calm and composed, Kristin was wailing for grandma to stay, when the grandparents went through the departure gate. Then as we were leaving the airport, Bryan started his whining, as if it just struck him that he was going home now without the grandparents. Actually, it was more of a sulk since we told it was already very late and he couldn't stay at the MacDonald's playground anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment