Tuesday, February 05, 2008

retail therapy at Toys R Us...

A group of moms on the Parents Teachers Committee made a date to go shopping for new toys for our preschool this morning. I tagged along coz I thought it was going to be fun. Indeed, it was!

It's so fun to have money at our disposable and we went gaga buying toys. In about an hour and a half, we loaded up two shopping carts. Mind you, the carts aren't small at all. Certainly not those from Toys R Us. Wanna guess what the final bill came up to? 506.23 Eur! The lady at the register asked if it was Christmas again. Nope, we're just buying for the kindergarten! ;)

I think I'm gonna miss volunteering my time in this manner when I'm back in Singapore for good. Really, how involved are parents in children's kindergarten back home? Do they have a say in their children's learning/playing environment?

The next project is cleaning up the deck so that the kids in school can have an open area for free play. I'm already looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, shopping for the school! How nice..and your kids get to play with these toys without a single cent from your pocket! :P

Oh yes, I bet you will miss parent volunteer. Hm, I doubt expensive preschools like EtonHouse, CH involve parents this way.