Bryan's 4.5 years old today!
Is there such thing as a half birthday?
Anyway, for the record:
He can
- feed himself, if he wants to.
- shower or bathe himself.
- go pee or poo on his own, i.e. including wiping his own backside. (Mommy's done with all the dirty jobs, yay!)
- put on his own clothes.
- brush his teeth.
- sound out words, read a lot of words (I was stunned at how much he can read as of last week), throw back many rhyming words at you.
- He has superb motor skills: The last I heard from his teacher was that he's been playing field hockey with his classmates using rakes and a ball!, can cycle with training wheels, can skate-scoot, can perform stunts on monkey bars that make grandparents' face pale.
- can recite the Chinese zodiac signs in Mandarin!(most recent trick, thanks to Grandpa for keeping him up late on last Saturday night) I'm dying to get a video footage on this one.
- can sing pretty well, sometimes on key!
Exciting months ahead as he moves to being 5 in August!
Unfortunately for us, all forms of enrichment classes here are conducted in German.
I'd like very much for him to take up swimming lessons, dance class, music lessons, Tennis lessons... But that will all have to wait till he gets back to Singapore.
Hee... all the things I did when I was young??? Wait a minute, am I imposing my dreams on him now???
Oh, the last I checked he wanted to be an astronaut! That wasn't what I aspired to be.
So it's bus-driver, construction worker, pilot, astronaut, or sometimes an outlaw like a pirate for now! Isn't it fun growing up?
No comments:
Post a Comment