Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF!

This has been a really busy week. As soon as my parents left, I can begin to feel that the kids are slowly smothering me.
What have been doing on the mornings when the kids are in preschool?

Monday: I dropped off the kids at school. I went to Aldi and Rewe to pick up groceries for the week. And then I went and waited at the orthopedics patiently to talk to him about my MRI and therapy for the stiff neck and aching shoulders. More of that in another post, perhaps, when there's time.

Tuesday: I went with a friend from the American Consulate to shop at the US base. Yeah, gotta get my supplies of convenience US groceries. But I also ended buying some pretty summer dresses from Carter's for Kristin that cost only 10 USD each! Great buys, right? After that we had a last minute playdate arranged with one of Kristin's classmates. O boy! Was she proud to have her friend in the house for once! So far, it has always been Bryan's friends only. She was busy showing her friend around.

Wednesday: It was Parent Work Day at the school. The Parents-Teachers-Committee is excited to have the patio cleaned up. As the weather warms up, the kids will be able to enjoy the nice outdoor. So a couple of moms and I met up after the drop-off and started working to toss out broken outdoor toys in the shed. It wasn't all that warm that morning until Mr Sun finally showed his face.

Thursday: Now I really need to stay at home to clear some laundry, pack up the playroom before the cleaning lady coomes. Anyhow, I decided that wasn't enough that I started cleaning up the freezer. Nothing better to do right? Yep. I was supposed to be baking the cupcakes for the bake sale tomorrow. What's worse? Cleaning up the freezer or baking cupcakes when the kids are around? The night ended off with the baking and frosting that I finally climbed into bed at 2 am. Just in case you're wondering why these tasks must be spread out the whole day and cannot be completed within half the day? Errm, have you forgotten that I have kids whose main existence at this stage is to cry for parental attention every waking moments?

Friday: Today! I beg Alan to send the kids to school, pack Bryan off for a playdate at the pick up later and bring Kristin home in the afternoon. Then I can finally have the morning off to errr, blog? Oh no! I should be in bed sleeping now! I got my acupuncture appointment in the afternoon to look forward to for some pain relief (stiff neck and aching shoulders).

Where's my gym slot? Probably next week. Now, I'm really not gonna rush my Friday through like I did with most part of this week. But I really wonder how calm I would be this afternoon when I'm at the doctor's with needles poked all over and Kristin grinning with glee as she explores the clinic! What a classic end to the week: My kid is up to some mischief and all I can do is WATCH!

But this should be a nice treat for the weekend, my contribution to the bake sale held to raise funds for Kristin's class. The fruit of my labour...enjoy my Pretty-in-Pinks!

2 comments:

Ivana said...

Whatever supplements you're taking, I want in on them. I'm usually bushed by 9pm, and I only have one kid. Okay, she's active, but still!!!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Remember the episode in Desperate Housewives when Lynette started swallowing those pills from her ADHD kids? Pop those pills in for the extra boost of energy!

Haha... just kidding!

You made me read my post again... Gee, where did those energy spurts come from?

But believe me, once Belle is in a daycare/school for a couple of hours a day, you'll find it much more refreshing to stay up later than her bedtime to do stuffs. Hee... start surfing David Lebovitz'es blog for ideas!

Ironically, I do hope that the kids stay at home sometimes. Less running around, really.