Just the other day, I was asking Kristin about her friends in school. Apparently, she has more "enemies" than friends.

"Do you like J....?"
"No, he's (always) fighting!"
"Do you like R..., I mean R. K.?"
"No, but I like R.S.! He's nice!" Broadest grin on her face!
"Whatabout this girl, Kei?"
"Errr, no. She's (always) fighting."
Bryan never told me if he got along with any of his classmates when he was at this age. He would always say he liked everyone!
When I picked up the kids in school today, Kristin greeted me with this deep scratch across her face:
I asked her what happened.
In her words: "I was playing in the gym. Kei scratched me! She hurt me!"
Remember the girl, Kei, Kristin doesn't like?
Too bad the teacher and the parent of the girl were not within earshot. When I checked with her daycare teacher later, she told me the scratch was already there when Kristin went into the gym. Bryan gave me another report, while Kristin's teacher was shocked to see the scratch (obviously Kristin didn't sustain this scratch in the morning in class.)
Ok... I'm no CSI here. I told Kristin that she should tell Kei's mom when she sees her again in school. And CRY MURDER the next time this happens to her.
10 comments:
Oh gosh! That's a really horrible scratch! I would probably lose my cool, storm into the classroom, and demand for an explanation.
Okie, let's put Ballet on hold and enrol the gals for Taekwondo instead.
Hope the scratch recovers fast!
Yep, Taekwando is on the list!
Her gross motor skills aren't half as good as her brother. That worries me sometimes when she's at the playground or gym.
Hmmm, I wonder if I should tell Alan to stop clipping Kristin's nails for a change....
Gosh, that scratch looks bad. Heart pain! Just look at her huge puppy eyes, so adorable. She's one tough cookie, such a bad scratch and no crying/whining.
Oh dear! The scratch is so close to her eyes. No crying? Kristin, you're one tough babe!
Yep. That was exactly what went through my head when I first saw her, "The scratch is SO CLOSE to her eyes!"
And then it was, "The scratch is so close to her eyes." Phew!
Goodness, how can this happen? Poor Kiddo! Looks like the teacher is clueless too, but she should watch that Kei doesn't inflict herself on anyone else again. But so awful to have this happen to Kristine! She may feel better that so many aunties are on her side!
Another teacher is more vigilant. She knows what's up with each child. With 8 years of experience on her record, she knows almost every single child in the school up close, e.g. one girl is going through a "hard" phase and she's been going around annoying other children because recently her mom has decided to drop her nap.
But this teacher doesn't follow my kids around the whole day. Sigh...
Anyhow, the statement is brilliant. She still insists,
I fell down in the gym and Kei scratched my nose! Now there's certainly some truth to it coz she went to naps, bed and wakes up and she still remembers the trauma!
Poor Kristin, that's a very bad scratch. Hope it won't leave any marks.
Day 4...
Alan was commenting on how K's scar has been healing, "Doesn't she look like one of those villians in those Chinese swordplay dramas?"
Please... scars are nothing to boast about for a girl!!! No amount of valiant tales can ever do justice to a girl's face!
Post a Comment