Sunday, March 30, 2008

bowled over!



Got to thank Vig and Bao for the brilliant idea of tea and bowling on Saturday. The kids had a blast, especially Bryan. Who would have figured he was the highest scorer of the night? All 112 points! Bowled over, yes! Mommy, unfortunately, was the one who's throwing money down the drain, literally... :( Ok, this is not Wii, and I really suck at this game, for real! But perhaps paying tuition might help. I think this was the first time ever I actually paid for bowling. The first time was my aunt - trying to lead me astray by turning me into a Marina kid. The second time a friend invited me to "watch" him bowl. There I was struggling with each bowl, while he got the kick of his life striking each time! Yeah, yeah, he was a former school team player. But I must still thank my lucky star that my ball didn't go down the wrong lane!!! :p

Anyway, Bryan's gotta be doing far better and greater than his mom, that's for sure! Even Kristin might have a chance to shine too - she helped me earn my only strike of the evening!



Bryan in action:

More..

Yep, he gotta... gotta... nice spare!

10 comments:

serena said...

I didn't know they have kid's ball. Or did B just use the lightest one?

bACk in GERMANY said...

He just used the smallest one available, e.g. 8 pounds.

Ivana said...

haha i really can't believe Kristin helped you score your only strike!

bACk in GERMANY said...

O yes, you must!
I am that P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.!
And am totally "bowled over" by my own children!

Lilian said...

Way to go Bryan! You're a natural! Your mum on the other hand...er...is just like me.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yay!
Next time we'll go bowling together. On?
Maybe some younger and better looking guys e.g. Jason Castro will come to our rescue!!! :p

Babypowder said...

I also want to play!!!!!

bACk in GERMANY said...

On lah, Wendy! :)

Lilian said...

Setlah, I never liked bowling cos strike, spare or longkang, I never know what I did right or wrong, it always feels like luck.

If Castro appears, confirm I will get longkang, cannot concentrate, his lashes too distracting :)

Alcovelet said...

Hi Cindy,

Can you PM me? Danke (that und wienershnitzel is all I know abt German!).

Cheers,
Adeline