Tuesday, August 26, 2008

back in Carl Schurz School...



At last... summer break is over! The kids are back in the preschool again! Finally, I can catch some breath. Besides, I think they're bored with sticking around Mommy 24/7 since June 26th! 

Everything went smoothly. It's been our ritual to take a photo for the first day. Too shy to bring my new huge camera, but when I saw another mom armed with her DSLR, I immediately regretted my decision! 

Nothing new in school too. Bryan's teacher is Scottish and has taught him when he was three, while Kristin's teacher is an Indian lady who's born and raised in England. So perhaps not a very pronounced American accent for this year? Well, it's a good transition back to Singapore after all, isn't it? 

At drop off, I could see tears welling up in Kristin's eyes - someone who did not even shed a single tear when she went for her nursery class last year! I knew she was giving me a tough time again when she clung onto me like a koala! She never does anything like this to Daddy. Somehow dropping off Bryan first did help. By the time I got back to Kristin's classroom with her and told her to pose in front of the classroom door, she was all smiles again. Phew! 

No comments: