How's the company ever going to be able to compensate family time and the aches and pains that I have at the end of each day when the kids are finally in bed?
We were in Provence in early July. I got myself a pretty expensive jar of Lavender Tonic Gel for tired legs. 12.90 Euro for 100 ml. This miracle rub has been keeping me going for the whole week. Well, it isn't that Alan hasn't been travelling much. In fact, most of the time, it would have been so anyway. He would be gone over the week, with perhaps a couple of sleep-overs at home. The children never seemed to miss him. And there was school everyday.
But this time round, it's different. It's the height of summer. Very hot - think unbearable heat without air-con! There's no school, i.e. the kids are with me 24/7. My cleaning lady is on home leave! And I promised to help a friend take care of her daughter for two days while she packed to move to another city.
My secret of keeping the household straight, caring for three kids for a couple of days, running errands, bringing Bryan for a haircut and the kids to the doctor's all in one week lies in this tiny jar of purple essence:
Strangely, even without gym, physiotherapy and stretching exercises, I managed to clean both bathrooms, scrub down the shower, vacuum and mop the whole apartment, fold some 7 baskets of laundry and counting, sort out the kids' toys, cook many meals, do groceries and wash the patio floor. Phew... what a busy week! Yep, that's right, it's my vanity holding myself in the highest esteem. :D

2 comments:
Hi, good training you have there! Hmm, perhaps you will be ready to be a mother of 3 when you returned to Sg? :P
Weather has been scorching hot here in Sg too. Hopefully my electricity bill won't be too astronomical!
Btw, keep a little miraculous purple essence for me, will ya? ;)
When mummy is taken care of, everything else will fall into place. I only have 1 to take care of but boy am I glad when school starts next week.
Post a Comment