This looks like a simple and fun activity: You don't pedal with your feet, but "wind" the train with your arms.
It was part of the set up at the adventure playground in the city centre. It's been two great weeks of fun for all the kids in Frankfurt. We were at the adventure playgrounds about 4 times altogether. The first week was wasted mainly at home since it was rainy and cold.
Anyway, back to the FUN activity we've seen from the clip above, on the last day of visiting the playground, I was a little distracted that I allowed Bryan to try it out again all by himself.
Reasons being: 1) I was tied down to a tantrum-bursting girl who was nothing but unreasonable, whining for Pocky Sticks and clinging onto me like a koala! 2) Bryan had done it before. He should know the drill.
Bryan was about 5 kids down the line after Kristin had gone for her trial. About 5 minutes after he was on the track, I heard him screaming and running towards me, asking if there was blood on top of his left eye. What? Again? Yes, there was blood and a cut, hopefully not too deep. And I just chucked Kristin her Pocky sticks, left her to my friends and ran towards Bryan. It was almost at the same place where he hurt himself two Thanksgiving ago. Thank God, his sight was spared.
Prior to this accident, Kristin also had a slight bump, on her right eye, where her double eyelid cuts. Hers was just a slight abrasion. Nothing serious.
While I brought Bryan to the First-Aid station, my friends saw another boy sustaining similar injuries. So, parents, never let your child board this train, no matter how much fun it promises.
In case you're wondering why Bryan looked a little strange on his 5th birthday video clips, it's the new scar that he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Not only does he have one, but two of those scars to remind me of God's grace and the preciousness of sight!
My son, when will you learn to be more cautious with life?
P/S. Call me superstitious but just a couple of days prior to this accident, Bryan mentioned about having a theme of pirate for his birthday on Monday. And on the night before the previous accident, he announced to Alan and me that he wanted to make pirate his ambition. The next time he mentions anything about pirate, I would think thrice about leaving home for any errands at all!
4 comments:
Aiyo, heart pain. But yah. Bet your heart skipped several beats, oh dear.
I'm not kidding when I mentioned about the legend of the pirate. It's uncannily true.
Yep... several heart attacks at the playground. Why do children do these things to their parents? So careless with themselves? Why do parents do these things to themselves? Subject them to danger at playground...
That's a nasty cut! Poor boy. Hope he's recovering well.
Know what you mean about learning to be cautious. Cheryl's the one I'm always worrying about. She's got all these bruises all over her legs. Yet, she doesn't think much of them! So much for being a girl. :(
Oh dear. yet another one. I still remember the one you mentioned the last time. Hopefully this one will not leave a scar. The Dr gave us some expensive cream with Vit E or something to help lighten JK's scar but I have stopped applying since I can't see any difference so far.
Post a Comment