Tuesday, February 05, 2008

what comes after February?

When I picked Bryan up, I could see the envy on his face. It's his good friend Ryan's birthday today. But my son wished that he didn't have to wait so long to celebrate his birthday too.

He asked me, what comes after February?
I said, March. (I know where this question will lead us to.)
After March?
It's April.
After April?
That will be May.
After May?
Then it will be June.
What about after June?
July.
And what's after July?
It will be August!
Sigh... I still need to wait so long before my birthday comes. Sigh... sigh! Why can't it just be tomorrow?!

I think we all went through that phase when we just couldn't wait for our birthdays to come.

Anyway, he's feeling very happy again when he wrapped up Ryan's present all by himself. He made his good friend a card too. Guess learning to give is just as important as learning to receive.

1 comment:

Vivian Tay said...

Brandon has been counting down to his birthday too. No, actually he's been counting down everybody's birthday. Even told me what he intend to give me on my birthday.

Were birthdays so important to us when we were their age? Honestly, I can hardly remember...