When I had the ingredients of the carrot cake recipe (thanks to Monica) in my mixing bowl, I had no idea that it was gonna be the last time I was baking. In our cosy nest while we were bACk in Germany. This was the weekend before we moved into the service apartment.
Instead of a 65 sq m apartment (one sleeping room, one living area, a nice dining table with chairs and a complete kitchen with an oven and a dishwasher), the hotel manager made us an even better offer. We got two stand alone apartments (40 sq m each) for the same price!
I don't know why he suddenly made us that offer.
Perhaps the 65 sq m place was too new. And we have two very young kids who might start doodling on their brand new leather couches. (Not that I condone that kind of activities in my family).
Or maybe this manager took pity on us. With the 65 sq m, it would mean the kids get to sleep in the bedroom, while Alan and I have to sleep in the living area on our own air-mattress.
Anyhow, the kids welcome the idea of two stand alone apartments too. I think Bryan was thrilled to have his own room. Well, not exactly his own, he's got to share it with his sister.
I was voted out... although I thought an oven and a dishwasher were more important than a decent place for me to sleep! And that's so true. I don't know how much time/energy/water I've wasted ever since I started to hand-wash my dishes again. Time/energy/water that could have been better utilized. The skin on my hands wouldn't be dry as prunes, I could do better with resting, blogging and catching my US series online.
What am I gonna do in Singapore without a dishwasher?
How's baking gonna be like without a dishwasher?
One good news though: I will be working only two days a week, starting from Feb 2009.
4 comments:
Hey Cindy, I didn't realise you're blogging again! Missed your posts. Hope you liked the carrot cake! Anyway, perhaps we can meet up when Lilian is back - a sorta IAA meeting!
Hi Monica!
When I read about your laptop glitch, I was so worried that mine would also take a holiday on me after I came back from Barcelona... You got me worried for a while there...
Anywayz, I suppose things are back to normal for you since you've been blogging regularly again. :)
Oh yes... hubbie loves the carrot cake! I did not use your cream cheese icing though. I use my usual white choc + sour cream frosting... yums!
Yep, we should meet up when the President of IAA is back... erm, for CNY ya Lil'?
But can't call it an IAA since the Internet isn't our medium of communication. Ha!
I had to buy a new CPU - took more than a week. Peng san!! Really hated using the laptop. But all's back to normal now. Plus new shiny keyboard with all the letters intact!!
Post a Comment