Wednesday, November 05, 2008

k for kristin

I had an opportunity to chat with Kristin's teacher yesterday. 
Surprisingly, I heard so many good things about my daughter - things that I wouldn't have imagined, e.g. she could get her letters, numbers, colours and shapes right for her assessment. 
The parent-teacher-conference is next Monday, and the teachers in the preschool have been assessing the children for the past couple of weeks. 

She's apparently considered advance for her age. 
Hmmm, I thought, really? Coz I know she'll get a cultural shock when she gets back to a Singaporean kindergarten. 

Last night, it's been interesting to see how much she wanted to do "work". Thus I handed her a workbook of letters to trace. 

Apparently, doing work helps sleep!!! She went to bed without any protest by 9.15 pm, and that's after her 2 hours nap in the afternoon. Usually, she waltzes in and out of the bedroom. But I can tell she's sleep deprived. Cranky, most of the time when I pick her up in the preschool and she falls asleep as soon as she's in the car. Especially terrible during dinner time. 
I wish I could restart my routine training... sigh, no discipline now, no time, no energy and lots of packing to do. 

Here are a couple of clips of a happy Kristin: 




8 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Oi Mummy, your kids are brilliant! RK couldn't do that at 3!! Actually, I don't know what he did till this year after I quit my job. Certainly not sit down to write, that much I'm sure!

Your K really looks like she's enjoying it too, making all those comments and saying that "k" looks like an octopus, haha!! And she's such a model - loved that last cheeky look in the bottom video!

I can see you're becoming a gancheong spider about your kids coming back to the system. Honey, I UNDERSTAND!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Aiyoh... this wanting to sit down and write is coz korkor is sitting still at the table to do work mah...
and korkor can sit still at the table mainly coz of his teacher from last year... she's an amazing teacher!

HAha... all those running commentaries you heard... from Bryan actually. He was colouring his picture with OCTOPUS... can sit still but cannot stop talking... alamak no wonder I get a headache each time i get them to do work!

yalor... as the departure date draws nearer... the more gancheong i become... what to do????

Alcovelet said...

Ooh. I thought only the comments in the second video was from Bryan! Something about ocean, if i heard correctly.

Give it as good as you got, babe! I don't think our kids will be really grateful in the short run, but longer term, yeah!

bACk in GERMANY said...

I meant to say he's colouring his pic of octopus... Monica will be wondering what bad Eng... hahaha!
But I really don't have time to re-read what I write... Die for exams!

O yes... it's about the ocean for Bryan.
Kristin only said, " And this and that, and that, and that..." OR "colour this or that and that and that..."

Cannot shut the gab of the other one... Bryan that is. The moment he opens his eyes he'll be talking until he goes down to sleep at night...

The chronology of the clips is the other way round. The bottom one was taken first.

Lilian said...

Wah the way she ended with her cutesy post in the bottom clip, cannot tahan man! Throughout both clips, I was mesmerised by her chubby fingers that go so well with those chubby cheeks :)

And Bryan really talks like a chow angmoh. Better brush up his Singlish before going back!

And yes, Kristin is very advanced, her pencil grip is perfect.

Alcovelet said...

Aiyo Cindy, tell me about the bad English I've left lying around, particularly in my comments in other people's blogs. Embarrassing, I tell you! A combination of being too hasty and not re-reading. I mean, like who can write straight from the brain to the fingertips like Monica!!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hi Lilian!
Got back your internet connection?
Yep... i put the first clip last coz of that cutesy pose!
Like... erm, ta-da and the-end-kind-of-thing.

Hmm, think you'd like it even better when you watch her sleep at night. She'll be all curled up under her thick duvet, and both hands (clapped) will be tucked under her head as she lies on her side... chubby arms, chubby hands and chubby cheeks all in one pose!

Her pencil grip has been pretty natural... no need to teach at all!!! Phew. I remember how I used to spend 15 min correcting Bryan's grip when he was her age. And then he would do 5 min of tracing... and then doodling and then he said he had had enough! That's why we didn't do tracing... he doesn't like to trace.

Aiyah... no need to learn Singlish lah... it's in his blood, he'll speak it as soon as we land in Sg.

Ad,
Monica talks with her fingers and I don't mean sign language. I mean, to be clearer, she talks with her keyboard. Oops... I don't mean the piano there too... Aiyah, you get what I mean lah.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Usually I don't correct my mistake or typos...
But this one is pretty funny... lest you think he really did colour a picture WITH an octopus!