Sunday, November 02, 2008

school photos in fall...

This is what I'll miss when I go back to Sg. 
The preschool here arranges with a professional photographer to come in to take pictures of the kids twice a year, once in autumn and once in spring. It's so great to be able to look back at how our kids have grown over our three years here. Kristin only has three of these shots taken, while Bryan has five different ones. 

Kristin, looking frumpy despite her haircut at the hair-dresser's. Look at her unbuttoned shirt! 

We gave Bryan a nice shirt underneath his blazer and in the end, he wore only his thermal underwear under the blazer! 
He looks almost the same as he did 2 years ago in this post, minus the baby fat and chubby cheeks. 


Kristin is certainly looking chubby. Check out those chunky arms! And I complain she doesn't eat...? Erb... good thing she doesn't eat much! Maybe it's all the Pocky sticks! 

9 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Kristin does look like the Queen of Small Land or something. Very regal in those sleeves and collar :). very cute!!

And there's Bryan. Wow - mark my words - he's got those sexy eyes. Kristin's friends will just be drooling over him in just a few years.

monlim said...

Hey, we've missed you!! You're sure making up for lost time in blogging though, hehe

The photos are darling! They're both so sweet lah, you're lucky you'll have these to remember the great times back in Germany :)

bACk in GERMANY said...

I miss you ladies too!!!

Don't think I'll have much time to blog this month either... guess I'll be less stressed once all the boxes are in the container.

Thanks Mon for the rec... and the back exercises. Now it's easy to check since it's on your blog!

Aiyoh Adeline, they're cute coz they are still kids lah....
I had an epiphany last night... I just suddenly realised how uncute a 5 yo is compared with a 3 yo! Soon my baby Kristin wont' have chubby cheeks anymore!!!

Alcovelet said...

Noo, look at how gorgeous Bryan is turning out. Sama sama I bet for Kristine.

monlim said...

Cindy, enjoy them while you can... I was looking at Lesley-Anne's photos as a 6-year-old, aiyoh, still chubby cheeks, so cute and affectionate. Now? Talking back, sulking... at times like these, I really want to turn back the clock!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Actually I'd already hoping to turn back the clock...
Talking back and sulking... aiyoh, it was like that the whole time in London with Bryan, just because he didn't get to watch his Scooby Doo all day! No Cartoon Networks when we get back to Sg for sure!
Turn back to the perfect time of 6 months... when they laughed and cackled and never said no!

Lilian said...

They both look well-fed, so much for all that talk of being picky with food. What's your secret?! Oh yes, okie Pocky... :)

And yes, both are such good-looking kids...great genes you and Alan have.

If you think how uncute a 5yo is compared to a 3yo, imagine us with our 11yos!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Alan and I think it's the carbo overload!
I was just talking to Bryan about his favourite restaurants in Frankfurt. He named Iroha, Magic Wok, Vapiano, Zimt & Coriander, Vietnamese restaurant HaiAu, Asia Snack (our take-out's favourite near our place) - not one single German restaurant!!!!

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with what Bryan eats now... it's feeding Kristin that I resent!

She puts on weight... haha... imagine someone who likes to eat butter and cheese all the time!

bACk in GERMANY said...

I know... poor you and Mon... 11 yos not very good company. And poor Adeline too... though 5 yos, but her Ah Pek is full of wise words!