While I was surfing KidsGrowth.com, this was what I came across.
Ten Goals For Children At Age 5:
1. To pay attention and follow directions.
2. To ask questions if they do not understand.
3. To have confidence in themselves.
4. To have a positive attitude about going to school and learning.
5. To take responsibility for their actions.
6. To respect others.
7. To trust adults.
8. To make independent choices.
9. To attempt to solve their own problems rather than allowing an adult to dictate what they should do.
10. To express their feelings, including anger and frustration, through words rather than action.
I personally found it too heavy for a little 5-year-old. And boy, some adults don't even manage anything from #6 onwards.
And for #7, how am I to teach my children that some adults do in real life abuse children's trust?
Yep, some people like to say "small children, small problems. Big children, big problems!"
Gee, you know what my heart is crying out now?
2 comments:
I'm not sure if I can even manage #1-5! This is heavy!
Hey, you're right. When I re-read the list, I just couldn't place any adult I know on this list! Definitely no one I know completes it!
Post a Comment