Thursday, March 20, 2008

happy easter!



Yes, the production line has started again.
While the kids were asleep (Read: down for a nap. Thanks to Lilian's comment below :p), I quickly started on the dough, lest they wanted to help measure out the ingredients. Still, the last batch of cookies only came outof the oven at 10.30pm.

When Bryan awoke from his nap, he was pleasantly surprised by this cookie baking business. He conceived an imaginary plan of putting in some machines for Mommy, so that the dough would be stamped out in the appropriate bunny shape, moved uniformly down the conveyor belt right into the oven, and out come the piping hot cookies on another belt straight off to the cooling rack... yada yada! Think Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, or was it the Chocolate Museum in Cologne that has inspired him?

Now I'm officially beat!
Let's hope these cookies resemble, somewhat in taste, the delectables we handed out to our friends on Valentine's Day!



The kids did help - much to my dismay! Bryan stamped out some cookies before he decided he would have much more fun watching Word World. Both helped to decorate the bags with Easter eggs stickers. And Kristin was all too eager to bite off each cookie she could lay her hand on!
Happy Easter, folks!

6 comments:

serena said...

Wow! how much time you spend on all these things? Including wrapping, writing out the cards? Send some over to us!! Quick!

bACk in GERMANY said...

I started at 4.30pm. The last batch of cookies were out at 10.30pm. Altogether I used 1.5 kg of flour, 1 kg of butter and 600 g sugar!
In between I had to cook dinner feed the kids get back to baking...
wrapping and tagging ended a little past midnight after the kids had gone to bed.
I slept at 2am, again.

But I told myself I would savour every single bit of being a SAHM! :)

Lilian said...

"Yes, the production line has started again.
While the kids were asleep,...."

For a second, I thought you were working on a sibling for Brian & Kristin!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Haha... Easter, Spring, New life! How fitting!

But sorry to disappoint, er, no!

Alcovelet said...

Wha-at, you baked and wrapped them yourself? You know what you can do when you retire from your teaching job!

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hee... how does a bakery Willy Wonka style sound???

Keep on dreaming...