This one is for my friend, Ivana!
Here's my brownies recipe for novice bakers like myself.
Ingredients:
1. 100 g Butter
2. 200 g Milk Chocolate (those thick blocks for cooking)
3. 75 g sugar (Not so sweet, right? Gotta watch the waistline, ladies, or gentlemen!)
4. 1/4 tsp Salt
5. 3 tbs cocoa powder (unsweetened)
6. 2 Eggs (medium sized)
7. 125 g Flour (Type 405, plain flour)
8. 1 tsp Baking Powder
9. 3 tsp Sour Cream
Steps:
1. Preheat oven at 180deg C.
2. Melt butter and 100g of chocolate in a bowl in a hot water bath.
3. Mix salt, sugar, eggs and cocoa powder. No need for an electronic mixer. Just a spatula will do.
4. Add in flour and baking powder.
5. Pour in melted butter and chocolate. Mix well.
6. Pour the batter into a 20x20cm baking tin. Remember to grease your tin!
7. Bake in the oven at 160 deg C for 25 min. Middle level.
8. Cool brownies in the tin for 5 min after removing it from the oven. Then remove it from the tin and continue to cool it on a rack.
9. Melt remaining chocolate. Same method as #2. Then add in 3 tsp of sour cream.
10. Spread the frosting on the brownies.
8 comments:
I'm definitely going to try this recipe! Sour cream is awesome when used in baking!
O yes! Ever since I discovered this in one of Bill Granger's recipes, I've been varying it to frost my cupcakes! ;) Awesome!
sigh.... isn't it apt that i read this after my stove/oven has been fixed? guess i'll have to christen my new appliance by making brownies!
oh and i wanted to ask, if i don't use baking powder... what would happen?
Erm, erm... the brownies won't rise and thus be hard?? I don't know. How about varying it with some nitrate or baking soda? Experiment! :)
hee hee that's how much i know about baking! I love to bake, but i never ask why i just follow the recipe. It's the new awakening now to ask "why"! Must be anticipating the questions when Belle starts talking!
Seems easy. I should not go wrong, right? Btw, I came across using recipes using cream cheese for frosting. You may want to try. I'm no good in cakes decorating and do not have the patience for it, so I prefer plain.
And if I did not remember wrongly, baking powder and baking soda is not interchangeable. You can subsitute with self raising flour since it has baking powder in it.
ooo .. so nice to see baking related post in your blog ... the brownie must hv taste superb .. thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment