Tuesday, May 15, 2007

berenstain bears...


Did I say that we got 27 copies of Berenstain Bears books at 2 Euros?

I think I made a mistake about the bargain. The price is correct... but now I think I know the reason why the other parent wanted to be rid of them.

Bryan goes through his collection of Berenstain Bears every evening and handpicks one specially for the bedtime read. And there's absolutely no chance that bedtime reading can slip his mind. So now, this is gonna be a long time before he gets bored and tired with the Berenstain Bears. All 27 titles!

Inquisitiveness is one fine trait that all teachers adore. In fact, Ms Julie often tells us how much she enjoys Bryan in her class because of his many questions. But these few nights, he's been really slowing me down during the bedtime read. If you're a mom, you know that at the end of the day, you only have one mission in your mind: Quickly put your little darlings to bed, not matter how cute they appear while they try to dance along to Debbie Harter's Walking Through the Jungle, or those doleful eyes that beg for another 5 minutes with the puzzles whatever...

So when it comes to bedtime read, I try to do it like a speed-train.... hee, try finishing up one Dr Seuss' book in less than a 10 minutes read-aloud-session. Anyway, Bryan's been slowing me down these nights with his many questions... Well, he knows better to ask me to read again after I finish my story. Thus, his new delay tactic is to ask as many questions as possible - I think.

Now, I'm in a whole lot of trouble, having to stop after every other line to explain words like "in-crowd", "relaxation", "the doctor's practice", a "double dutch" etc... Man, what have I got myself into when I gave that mom the 2 Euros for those books during the yard sale? What was I thinking????

1 comment:

Ivana said...

I remember those bears! I really loved reading them when I was young. Have fun Bryan!