I was told that an average toddler of 20 months is capable of picking up ten or more new words a day. Isn't that an amazing learning speed? Well, I don't think I can expect the child to instantly reproduce what he learns, but I think I can anticipate Kristin producing more complex structures.
She surprised us during lunch by saying, "No. I want pizza! Pizza!"
And then she's been telling her brother to "go away!" Just when did she learn to talk like that?
After Alan let off the bath water this evening, she took a look at the empty bath tub and said, "No more bubbles!" Yap, you might say stating the obvious, but this Mommy here is listening to every word with excitement.
And just before she went to bed, while we were having our hugging and kissing rituals, I thought I heard her say, "I love you!" Amazing, right?
Yap, I'm gonna remember that: 10 new words a day. I shall continue to read to her and quiz her on the things printed on the wall frieze. I think very soon she will be talking up a storm!
No comments:
Post a Comment