What a nice way
to wake up to a new day!!
Daddy and the children surprised me with a breakfast in bed. Excuse the unglamourous appearance... it's early in the morning!
"Hey, Mom! Happy Mothers' Day! We made breakfast for you. Do you like your surprise?"
"You made breakfast for me? You and Daddy? Just like Caillou?"
"Yeah, just like Caillou!"
My husband presented me my breakfast platter, filled with scrambled eggs with tomatoes, Weisswurst, sweet mustard, a small tub of yoghurt with a glass of fresh milk, while my son brought in his special Mothers' Day card made in school with the help of his teachers and Meimei contributed her share by passing Mommy a banana! A healthy complete meal with present! What else can I possibly ask for?
Before long, Meimei started grabbing the Weisswurst and asking for banana. Hey, not so soon... you've got to become a mom to two wonderful children and a wife to a loving husband first!!
Thank you, all my darlings, for the best gift ever!
This is the card that Bryan made in school. Knowing that he can write his own name is already a wonderful gift. Notice the big "X" on the card! That's a big kiss for Mommy! :)
The whole weekend he didn't stop reminding me how much he loved his Mommy. Now, wasn't that sweet? Of course, I had to tell him that loving Mommy meant not to upset Mommy and that he must always be an obedient boy - I think just about what my mom used to tell me whenever I celebrated Mothers' Day and her birthday with her.
And... "If you are a good and well-behaved boy, it's a Happy Mothers' Day for me everyday!" Now, doesn't that strike a chord?
7 comments:
What an appetitizing breakfast platter! You must have felt full just by looking at it:)
Isn't it exciting to see the kids writing their names? Such a great achievement!
To show my appreciation, I cleaned up my plate! Well, with a bit of help from Daddy in the end. :o)
Still feeling guilty about not getting him to practise his handwriting. My mom, on the other end of the line when I spoke to her on Sunday, has been cautioning me not to push too hard, lest he starts to lose interest, also... "Bad for those little fingers, hor!!" :(
Handwriting practice can be fun and done in various ways. Ever heard of air writing? He simply loves doing it by himself. Or get Bryan to write on your back. Er, it's fun, relaxing (not to mention ticklish) and at the same time, an educaional activity :)
Hey, you have been doing pretty well with Bryan! Life is not a race, if I may say so. Both my kids are really taking a good long "rest" now :P
You can very sure that I'm really laid back with "doing work" with them... I usually only seize the chance whenever they show interest to hold a pencil. How long haven't we written???? Before Easter was the last time, I think.
Besides, all the ang-moh teachers here assure me that Bryan's doing well in school. So what more can I ask for... haha! Actually also no hurry for the reading. Alan and I enjoy spelling out our plan, literally :)
Feeling guilty, yes a bit. Coz it's like I might be depriving him a chance to learn to my own convenience... you know, the torn feeling you have now and then
Post a Comment