After a shower before bedtime, Kristin couldn't contain her excitement about school in front of her Daddy any longer. She kept cheering, "Yay, school, yay!" Yeah, after all, she's been practising going to school for the past year but never got to attend it every morning when we dropped Bryan off.
At the school's open house this morning, she was brimming with self-confidence when I left her in her new classroom with her teachers, as I had to accompany Bryan to his class to meet his new teachers. I really wished I could split myself into halves!
Kristin's been delirious whenever she gets to put on her backpack. Maybe she identifies herself with Dora in that way better? Or maybe she just can't wait to "wreak havoc" in school with her older brother. In the past, it was so easy to get her to get dressed after lunch. I just had to mention, "Quick, let's go! We've gotta go to school to pick Bryan up!" I could really see her eyes sparkle. Yeah, and nowadays, she'll drag me, "Quick, Mom. Let's go!"
"Where to, my dear?"
"Let's go!" She just wants to be out of the house... And school is about right for her.
I think I remember going through this stage with Bryan. And the first complete sentence my son mastered even before he turned 18 months was "I want to go!" said with utter urgency.
No comments:
Post a Comment