Thursday, September 13, 2007

a reading review...

As usual, we were doing some review on what Bryan had learnt so far.
Basically the fat-cat-sat-on-the-mat-stuff and he surprised me today with another word family, the "-an" family!

He was reading off "can, ban, man, ran, pan, tan, fan" all by himself when he got too tired with the word search on "-at" family I presented him. It certainly does look like he's ready for new challenges.

We've also been working on recognising the months on a calendar.
This was what his teacher wrote last Friday:
During circle time today the children were observing the display of months and discussing which month was their birthday. Bryan told us that December is Jesus' birthday.

I'm really pleased that he remembers little personal details, especially this one! I pray that he'll have a personal relationship with our Lord one day, soon.

5 comments:

Ivana said...

Isn't it great that the school reports cute details like that?

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hey, you are back! Online and alive! :)

Yep... but not when you also receive an occurence report on misbehaviour the same day. After a long lecture from Daddy and Mommy, he asked me if he could give me a hug and then talk to Jesus. I felt so bad... :(

Ivana said...

Bryan's so cute! Oh yah, wanted to ask you how you linked this post to the post can, ban, man...? and can you link to stuff that is not in your blog as well? I suppose you can, as I see that you've got a little section on your right called Other cool mums who blog. Tell me tell me!

bACk in GERMANY said...

For a link from your post to another internet page, you can place a hyperlink by using one of the buttons on top of your posting window, e.g. the text style or insert photos buttons. Look at that row of buttons, Look for the one with a link chain on a globe.

If you want to put links at the side of the page, go to Templates>add and arrange page elements>add a page element and then select Link List. And have fun linking your pages! :)

Ivana said...

Thanks for replying! I just remembered that I'd asked you this. Yay! I'm off to update my blog. We've been away so long, so want to show kev how baby looks like now.