
While it's just back to school on the first day for Bryan this year, it really is Kristin's first day in school today. Attending school first time ever!

After a whole year of practice of going to school - Kristin comes with me to school every day when I drop Bryan off - and watching her brother attend school, Kristin walked into her classroom on her first day with much confidence and enthusiasm. Not a single tear, while the rest of her classmates were crying their eyes out! We had the shortest first day as parents. We really did just drop her off and that was it!
In the meantime, I went to my gym, had lunch with Alan and did some toiletries - well, not exactly groceries - shopping between 9 am and 2 pm! Hey, wasn't I good? Already three things off my list! Haha!
By the time I returned to pick the kids up, they refused to leave. Yeah... first day of school and not leaving it! After much coaxing and bribing (marshmallows if they went home with me), we finally left school only at 2.50 pm!
Kristin fell straight asleep in the car before I even hit the main road on our way home.
So how did she do today?
Her teacher said Kristin was excellent! She was a great teacher's helper. She helped to bring toys to the other kids who were crying, hoping that she could distract them. She sat down and listened to stories and punctutated the story-telling session with her occasional "Look!" Actually, I was surprised that she even spoke.
Her teacher said Kristin was excellent! She was a great teacher's helper. She helped to bring toys to the other kids who were crying, hoping that she could distract them. She sat down and listened to stories and punctutated the story-telling session with her occasional "Look!" Actually, I was surprised that she even spoke.
She had her snack and ate her lunch alright, made a new friend - Debbie, and did some colouring.
After dinner, she was pounding on me like a mad puppy while I was lounging on the couch, watching Daddy play Wii. She told me, "Come, Mom. Let's go! Let's go to school!" So need I say more on how much she loves school now?
4 comments:
What a champ! Way to go Kristin, BRAVO!
Thank you, Aunty Lilian!
No idea why those kids cry. Really! There are so many toys and, you know, for once I don't have to fight with my kor-kor for toys!
I can't believe how grownup K was! Just like me (self praise), not a single tear. Unlike someone else we know whose name also happens to start with a K (don't tell him I told you!) = )
Hee... guess boys always have problems adjusting emotionally! The men in my house cried a bucket too!
Post a Comment