Tuesday, September 04, 2007

the night before...

Tomorrow's gonna be a big day for the kids.

It's the first day of the school year for Bryan and it's the FIRST DAY of school for Kristin.

Yay! And finally, my day has come. Yap, mine! Finally, I can drop the kids off at school and have some time off from 9am to 2pm every day! At last, I can have a life! Previously, I was just a home-bound slave. Even though Bryan had been attending school here for a year already, I was still mostly stuck at home in the morning with Kristin.

So here are some things that I have in mind to accomplish, while the kids are in school every day:
1. Go to the gym, sauna, steambath and take good care of myself.
2. Do groceries, without kids on tow.
3. Sort the wardrobe: for the seasons, to give away, or to dump. Can you imagine I haven't been able to do this since we moved to Frankfurt in Nov 2005?
4. Sort the kids' toys. Messy!
5. Reorganise the store-room, basement storage. This one's gonna be tough work. Ok, basement? Am not too sure if I wanna be there on my own. I've seen rats scurrying around before.
6. Reorganise the contents in the kitchen cabinets. Throw out the expired stuff.
7. Sort the kids' books. Very Messy!
8. Start a family scrapbook. Got the materials, just need to have the time to do it.
9. Meet friends for brunch without the kids. Yippee!
10. Go get my eyebrows shaped! See, I can't possibly do this with the kids running around in Body Shop.
11. Make an appointment with the GP for flu jab and another appointment with an orthopedist to check my cracking left shoulder. Not due to old age, but due to prolonged carrying of baby/toddler in one arm, while I have to manhandle a mischievous preschooler who sometimes doesn't want to get into the car or do 1001 things with the other arm like cook, wash dishes, do laundry and fold clothes, carry grocery bags etc.
12. See Frankfurt, visit the Goethe's Haus, check out some museums. Can you believe it? I have been living in Frankfurt for almost 2 years and I hardly know this place. Yay, I can visit the book fair in October on my own!
13. Ask my husband out for a lunch date once in a while, hurrah!
14. Clean the toilets/bathrooms the way I like to. Somehow the Putzfrau doesn't get it quite right.
15. Errrmm, do nothing! Dolce niente! That is also good, isn't it?
16. Reorganise the digital photos. My photos are everywhere. My hard disk, Alan's portable hard disk, my portable hard disk and our common portable hard disk. Boy, if only one could actually see this virtual mess spilled over 4 hard disks...!
17. Blogging... hee, as if I haven't already spent lots of time here.
18. Buy myself a book and read. It's been a long time since I read for my own pleasure. The last time... ermm, before Bryan was born, oh my!
19. Go shopping/window-shopping! Haha... just doing my job: Alan earns, I spend!
20. Get a label machine. How can I not have one if I want to get organised?

Not exactly in any order of priority, just whatever that comes into my mind right now.
So... we'll see where the list gets me to in a couple of months' time.

4 comments:

moshimoshi said...

Go on, spend! We women must know how to spend Hub's hard-earned money, else who will?

Bodyshop pple trim eyebrow? not here.

What's Putzfrau?

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hee... always love it when Alan is stingy with himself but generous with his wife and kids. Why else did I marry him??? :D

Yeah! Body Shop here does it. But haven't gone for it yet.

Putzfrau = cleaning lady

Ivana said...

Hear Hear! Yeps Body Shop does it here and in Singapore too!

You lucky gal! Can't wait till next year when I can put Isabelle in the Halte Garderie for 2 afternoons (at least!) a week. Then I can do all those things on your list too!

I would like to add to the list:
- massage
- pedicure/ manicure
- facial
- painting classes

Oh, and we're in the same place with you with the digital photos. But our connection just got disrupted, 1 mth and counting (hacking at the moment!) So with nothing to do, I got all our photos organised. Deleted close to 3000 photos...

bACk in GERMANY said...

3000 photos????!!!

I haven't touched ours since Bryan's born! Uh-oh!!!

Wow... painting classes...
Me... errm, still no time for that. I think I'll start when my kids finish school in about 20 years' time and when my hands are bit jerky or aching from arthritis. Hmm, that's about right huh?

oh yeah... the mani and pedi! And massage... i wonder what happened to the beauty and spa service my gym used to have. Now I'm ready to give it some business but there's no one to be found!!