Tuesday, March 06, 2007

3 more days to 18 months and 3 weeks...

I remember when Bryan was this age, I was poring over childcare books on the development milestones of an 18 month. Whatever he could achieve would marvel me loads. But with Kristin, it's a very different story. I've completely stopped checking against any developmental charts and never once wished she could start crawling any earlier than 9 months. In the end, she cut short the time she needed for everything, e.g. crawling and clapping her hands at 8+ months.

I just got an email from babycenter warning me that my daughter might soon master the power of some words coupled with a negative tone in getting things done in her way... hmmm, I think this warning has arrived far too late for Kristin started saying NO as soon as she turned one. And now, if her brother should ever get into a fight over a toy with her, she will even cry out, NO, IT'S MINE!

Who says pronouns are far too abstract for an 18-month-old to grasp? It's I, I, I and MINE, MINE, MINE with Kristin all day long.
I think being a second child certainly causes her to be more aggressive than her brother.
By the way, she likes to refer to herself as Tin-Tin too, as of 16 months onwards.

No comments: