When I change Kristin out of her pyjamas every morning, I always play a tickling game with her. It's a good trick to keep her still and at the same time, she learns to identify her body parts.
This morning was nothing less the usual routine. But I was pleasantly surprised that she was going through the body parts with me. She had a little Ernie doll with me. Pointing to Ernie's nose, she went "nose"! And then she went on with eyes, ears, mouth. And when I pointed at Ernie's hand and said "hand". She went on and pointed to her legs and said "leg" and subsequently her right knee and then left knee and said "knee, knee"! Wow! I guess I didn't expect her to respond in such a way. So I quickly seized the opportunity to squeeze her cheeks and said "cheeks"! I think one of these days she'll be surprising me again. :)
It's also a joy to watch how she plays with a doll. She will wave the arm of the doll and say "hello" or "bye". Or she will stretch out the doll's hand and pretend to do a hi 5 with the doll. Or she will give the doll a peck on the cheek or a tight squeeze. It all comes naturally. I certainly don't see Bryan showing such affection to a doll. So it's true that women do tend to be a bit more emotional, hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment