Saturday, March 10, 2007

first piece of homework

Earlier this week when I read Miss Julie's letter to all parents, I was informed that the kids were required to bring in a hand-drawn picture of their favourite character in any of Dr Seuss's books on Friday for a show-and-tell session. First piece of homework that Bryan had to do! And first piece of homework that Mommy had to help in too. Well, I didn't do it. But I had to think of ways to encourage him to do it. And we went through 4 Dr Seuss's books (actually, I've only got one, and it's a collection of four stories :P) just to decide on a favourite character for Bryan.

Come Thursday night, Mommy was all stressed out that Bryan still hadn't done his homework yet. So, while Daddy was busy making a bed for Annabelle (that's the name Bryan gave to his sister's baby doll), Mommy opened up the water colours station to lure Bryan to work.

And here it is, ladies and gentlemen, presenting the dog-like creature with an incredulously long tail:
The Zong from Oh, the Thinks you can Think of.
I'm very proud of his painting. I did help a little, just the forming of the body of the Zong, and the initial strokes of the neatly shaped blue dome mushrooms obviously did not come from the hands of a 3-year-old. But the rest was very much Bryan's own creation. Well, it does remotely resembles the illustration in the book, I thought.

No comments: