Wednesday, March 21, 2007

something worth rejoicing...

I think one of the most exciting things about being a Christian parent is whenever your kid begins to ask questions on our Saviour. It is indeed a privilege that God has granted me tonight to enjoy a precious, yet simple and quiet moment with Bryan.

He told me he wanted to go to Heaven as I was praying with him. And I shared with him that in order to do that we have to invite Jesus into our life and ask for Jesus' forgiveness for our sin. My heart leapt with joy when he told me with total simplicity that he wanted to do it then and there.

We said a brief sinner's prayer together. But I really doubt he knew and meant exactly what he repeated after me. But I shall not restrict this to the sheer human understanding of the linguistics. I believe in the power of the Word. I trust in the Lord that He has planted a seed in my little boy's heart tonight. I'm really weeping tears of happiness now.

No comments: