Wow, after Kristin started feeding herself on Monday evening, she's becoming quite a pro now. I'm absolutely elated with her current achievement. I tell myself to ignore any mess she makes and just keep encouraging her to self feed. Be relaxed about the little cleaning up and let her learn to feed herself is my priority now, for there has never been such an easy lunch like today's : Kristin sat at the table and fed herself cereal, while I prepared my own lunch in the kitchen.
She's quite good, isn't she? And rather tidy too. She'd exclaim "yeeeeeeeeee" when her fingers get sticky with food.
The truth is I've never really enjoyed feeding Kristin. She's not been an easy child to feed. Alan and I always have to distract her with a toy she likes during meal time just to get her to finish her bowl. So I'm really enjoying this phase... but knowing a toddler, she might end up with a tantrum and demand to be fed very soon. So relax Mommy while you still can...
By the way, Kristin's been speaking a few sentences these days. E.g. Mommy. Sit. (Indicate that I should sit down.) Bao-bao! And I thought I heard her say "bad habit" just during lunch. Coz I told her she's taking after her brother's bad habit of having to be read to during meal time. You see, I had to resort to reading to Bryan just to get him interested enough to feed a year ago, and now this has become a routine for him. So much for no talking during meal time.
Friday, March 02, 2007
on becoming a pro...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment