Wednesday, March 14, 2007

flatteries and sweet nothings...

I'm penning this down so that I won't forget why I'm staying at home with the kids.

Now and then I get a compliment from my son, like "Mom, your hair is very pretty!" Or "Mom, you look nice!" Or "Mom, I like your clothes." Hmmm, I do think I get more compliments from my son than from my husband these days.

Just the other day, Daddy was telling Bryan this:
You know, Daddy is taking care of you right now. Daddy is putting on your shoes for you, bringing you to the toilet, bathe you, feed you... One day, when Daddy is old, Bryan has to put on shoes for Daddy, bring Daddy to the toilet, bathe him, feed him etc...

Bryan: No, Dad. I won't take care of you. (I was incredibly shocked when I heard this... what filial piety is there???)

Then Bryan continued, "I will take care of Mom only. Not you, Daddy."

Ouch, that hurts, my son! I'm definitely glad that he obviously thinks much of his Mommy, but I do expect him to do the same of his Daddy too. O dear, Daddy, you've gotta work harder there! Maybe you can start thinking about being a SAHD!

No comments: