Tuesday, March 06, 2007

what's for lunch, Mom?


After a long day out at the playground, all I wanted was to sit in a bath and unwind when the kids were in bed last night. But guess what I had to do? I cooked a whole week of lunch for Bryan. Usually, I get up at about 7 am to prepare a fresh lunch for him to bring to school every day. And that I mean every day without fail. Otherwise, my son will have no lunch. Sometimes, I cook more so that my lunch is done too.

This week's gonna be a busy week for Alan and that also means a long hard week for me. Reasons: 1) The children will be awfully upset that Daddy won't be home for two nights. Expect them to ask for him umpteen times before they finally fall asleep. In the case of Kristin, she'll be fussing the whole time for her Dad. 2) I got to drop Bryan off and pick him up. Usually, I get some respite from this sending/fetching routine when Alan's around in Frankfurt. But at least, I get his car for the next three days in his absence.

So without having Alan around to play with the kids, I can expect them to be following me around the whole house. And without Alan around helping to get the kids dressed in the morning, I won't be able to prepare lunch. Therefore, I had to prepare everything at one shot... noodle and rice! That's what he eats by experience so far.

Doesn't it look like some catering service? Ready to freeze and go.

If only someone had told me that I had to wake up early every day to cook lunch for my preschooler to pack for school, I'd... sigh! So if you're thinking of becoming a parent, please check your childcare options. Make sure the preschool provides meals.


No comments: