
Being at home with one kid has always been a more relaxing time for me. So far, it has always been a mother-daughter-time. Mommy and daughter had nothing better to do so we tried a new hairdo for Kristin. Nowadays, she allows me to tie her hair... but I still have to do it quickly. And as long as I say she's a pretty girl, she'll not touch her hair anymore. Hmmm, vanity?
I wonder how time would be spent if I were to be staying at home alone with Bryan. Perhaps some real homeschooling? Bryan's theme at school this week is insects. I'm still thinking if I'll join him on his field trip this Thursday. Thing is he'll not behave well when Mommy is around. And worse still, Mommy has to catch Kristin - who will definitely be running wildly behind the bigger ones.
We caught a ladybug today. Erm, actually, I caught it. Bryan's too chicken to even go near the bug. Nonetheless, he's very delighted. He wants to bring it to school tomorrow.
Today's lunch was a simple one. I haven't served Kristin off-the-shelf baby food for a long time. Since we were out most part of the morning, an off-the-shelf menu certainly came in handy and would be definitely more nutritious than the leftovers from yesterday's dinner. Actually, I didn't cook much for Kristin until she became a much better eater at about 15-16 months. I used to give her the baby food jars. I reckon I wouldn't have been able to do a better job at eliminating the fertilizers off the normal vegetables I get from supermarkets. So why don't I just stick to the jars that have gone through strict German quality control for organic baby food?
Here's a clip on how she's enjoying her lunch:
These days, both the kids seem to show a liking for carrots and zucchini with scrambled eggs. They eat it heartily with their rice and porridge or even as a dish on its own. I'm certainly not complaining about this one:
2 comments:
Kristin looks so sweet with her hair tied up! It makes her eyes look even bigger and prettier! Envious, envious...
Post a Comment