Wednesday, March 07, 2007

what do we do on a rainy day?

This is the title of a poster pinned up outside Bryan's classroom. This week's theme in school is Dr Seuss. I'm sure all parents of little children own a copy or two of this series. Children just love Dr Seuss, especially when it's read aloud with a good rhythm.

The kids read The Cat in the Hat on Monday. And guess what? They all went home with a hat that day.

And today, I took a moment to go through the things they said they'd do on a rainy day.
Bryan: Walk in the rain with an umbrella! (Smart boy!)
Ryan: Play with my aeroplane. (Huh?)
Buba: Step on puddles of water. (Oh no!)
Tara: Stay in my bed. (Good choice! I'd love to be your mom, babe!)
Miss Marcia: Bake some cookies! (Can I come to your home, please?)

Interesting... parents just love to read these stuffs. Thanks, Miss Julie!

Well, these are some of the things I can remember off-hand. I should have taken a picture since I can't take a mental photo of all that was said.

No comments: