
Again, we were out trying to expend the kids' energy. But this time we opted for a cheaper option - actually no cost at all, apart from driving all the way out of the city to get to this public playground - just for a change for the children. The weather was fabulous today. I couldn't believe it was still raining all day just yesterday - perfect weather to get sick actually. Maybe that explains why the virus hasn't quite left me. Though the symptoms of stomach flu is gone now, I am still having an irritable cough with no phlegm and that just leaves me with no voice to talk to the children, like I almost screamed out my tonsils when I saw Bryan walking towards a moving a car!
Looks fun huh? At the end of the day, Alan asked me if my parents went all the way out then just to bring us to play the whole weekend. I thought for a moment. Maybe not to playgrounds, but I did have lots of fun on weekends as a kid too. My mom's from Malaysia, so on weekends, it's always great adventures with all my cousins in the kampung.
And that question got me thinking further:
My mom always says that it's a big waste that I should ever give up my income to be a SAHM. She also says that being one will not do justice to my degree. But precisely because of the education I enjoyed, I would like very much to give my children the best... so being a modern SAHM isn't easy either. We feel guilty all the time coz we know exactly what nutrition means, and how boring it would be for the kids if we didn't entertain them, muse them with the arts and music or jump around to help them gain confidence of their bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment