Friday, October 10, 2008

for casting purposes... :)

This cool dude says hello! 



This is another great piece of work from Miss McKenna @ Make Photographie. 
Does anyone know any casting agencies? ;) 

14 comments:

Lilian said...

This one can be future HK-TVB actor lah. Did you ever have posters of the HK-TVB 5 dragons? My first poster was of this unknown actor, wearing a pink shirt and a pair of suspenders, who had the most gorgeous soulful eyes,...my heart was lost...years later he's become one of the best known Hongkong actors in the world...know who he is? Tony Leung Chiu Wai! *swooooon*

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yeah... from RTV mags then... I used to collect pics of Felix Wong Yat Wah! Haha... I was so swooned by his "duh" portrayal of Guo Jing in this Jin Yong's swordfighting novel thingy.

Yep... you're laughing right...

but seriously, these guys are old men now!!! And somehow, when Asian guys age, they kind of shrivel... unlike their Western counterparts who balloon up!

Lilian said...

I know what you mean about shrivelling, I think many of them look anorexic, eg Lau Tak Wah. Haha, I liked Wong Yat Wah too, a lot, although he always act so "duh". Wahhhh, in his roles, he's always down on his luck, but can make me cry like siao lah.

The two dragons I totally didn't get were Ken Tong Chun Yip and Miu Kiu Wai. But of them all, I think Miu Kiu Wai aged the best. Just saw him in a pretty recent serial, and he looks better now than 20 years ago.

Alcovelet said...

My gawd, I just swooned! This dude is gorgeous!!!!

I used to lurve Andy Lau - what a beautiful smile ** heart thumping ...

bACk in GERMANY said...

Lilian:
Ken Tong... didn't quite like, esp after he was made the heartbreaker of the actress who committed suicide... Miu Kiu Wai.. didn't speak much to me... maybe didn't quite his role... always very lucky, blessed chap... never went through any hardship type... or at least those serials I watched.
Aiyoh... now we are such TVB buffs!

Adeline:
Haha... so that was the post... anyway, I published it anyway coz Monica will read it what... haha...
Andy Lau... aiyoh so anorexic now... can someone feed him something or not! But yep... he used to always look so dashing in a sports car! :)

Alcovelet said...

Oh yeah Ken Tong!! He had that glasses, intellectual look, Yah uh, his gf died 'cos of him. It's left a stigma ever since, sigh.

Lilian said...

Barbara Yung...ai, she was so pretty wasn't she. Such a pity. And do you guys know who the other party was then? Sandra Ng!! That siaocharbor who always acts with a big mole in her armpit. She wasn't siao then, a lot more demure and feminine.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Aiyoh, Sandra Ng where got pretty like Barbara Yung?

BTW, how come you know all the names so well har?

Lilian said...

Aiyah, men, the prettier their girlfriend/wife, the uglier their mistress!

I used to spend all my pocket money on weekly magazines such as Galaxie, Saturday Weekly, Movie News; the first two magazines had posters and stories about lots of HK-TVB stars. And I loved watching HK-TVB serials. I remember chasing this series "The Turbulent Decade" and watching past bedtime, just weeks before my O levels. Videos are delivered by the video-guy who comes to our place by motorbike.

I have an insatiable appetite for acquiring knowledge on useless trivia hence I remember names of these HK-TVB have-beens; I guess my internet addiction is just an extension of this bad habit.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Oh yes... RTM 2 always had lots of Cantonese serials... That's how I learnt a bit of Malay and a lot of Cantonese (only understanding, cannot speak though... people always laugh when I try).

Then we didn't have VCR... until I was errmmm 15?
So either RTM 2, or my close friends in school would be telling me about the serials in verbatim! Ok lah almost lah... come to think about it, this particular friend of mine was such a great story teller... She would captivate about 4-5 of us with her Yang Jia Jiang!

You would have loved to subscribe to Entertainment Weekly, right? :p

monlim said...

You guys lost me... I was never into the HK stars *ducks*... just like I'm not into the Korean drama craze. Gimme Wentworth Miller of Prison Break anytime. Drool...

Lilian said...

You angmoh pai lah Monica. Literally translated from Hokkien, angmoh badge.

monlim said...

No lah, I only like reel-life ang mohs, in real life, they annoy me.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Haha... Mon, they get to you, somehow! :)