Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it's been a while...

and I've been kept busy with life outside the apartment. :) 

A couple days of sunshine will mean I'll rather be outdoors than indoors. 

We flew kites, walked in the woods, picked walnuts, had some playground time with a cute little girl from Malaysia. 

There was also the Frankfurt Bookfair. Will post about it later on. 

Above all, I'm up to date with all the US series again! :) 
Well, not a lot, just following a few, e.g. 
1) Brothers and Sisters
2) Desperate Housewives
3) CSI 
4) CSI NY
5) Bones
6) Boston Legal
7) Without a Trace
8) Grey's Anatomy
9) Private Practice
10) Heroes

Oops... it doesn't look like a few here... :s
Of course, I've been waiting for The Starter Wife to return too. 

11 comments:

monlim said...

I hope your neck and shoulders are feeling better! We've missed you around the neighbourhood :)

Boston Legal is great! What about House? I love that, much more than Grey's Anatomy which I find can be a load of rubbish sometimes... I see you're an investigative fan! I like Cold Case too but it often makes me cry, it's always about these sad cases who get killed by mistake. I heard Starter Wife is great too! But we don't get that here :(

bACk in GERMANY said...

Remember I skipped my physio to join the kids at the pumpkin patch?
Ouch... detrimental consequences! Am still trying to relax. But help is underway! My miracle cream from France has arrived. Al will pick up the parcel for me at the post office today. I missed the delivery since I was out all day yesterday... darn, otherwise it would have been a day earlier to pain relief!

Oh... I follow Cold Case and House only when I have the time for German TV. :) Too much to start new series... can die with all the late nights....

Use youku.com! And you get The Starter Wife. You can read Chinese right? No worries. The series are in original recording, just reading the website and navigating around requires Chinese. You can also key in favourite series and search. You'll be up to date with the US series to the current week! e.g. I just watched DH last night, Season 5 Ep 5!

monlim said...

Yah I know about youku.com, but I really dislike watching programmes on the computer. After a while, I can feel my eyes getting really tired...

Oh, I like Ugly Betty too!

Alcovelet said...

Piang eh, woman. Abandon us for TV, sniff.

Ivana said...

Miracle cream? do tell! i could get more for you if you like.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Ivana: It's from a chateau in Provence. I can order directly from the web. I don't think you can find it off the shelf in France. Can you?
You can find it here: http://www.lechateaudubois.com/bt_64_en_13_TONIC-GEL-FOR-LEGS.htm

Ad: Lazy to blog lah... lazy to download photos onto computer also... lazy to bones lah... so watch TV lor... that's what lazy people do what... :)

Monica: That's why I chose a non-reflective screen for my laptop!

monlim said...

Cindy, I highly recommend this book "Back RX" by Dr Vijay Vad. It's mainly for back problems but also for neck and shoulders. I had sciatica (nerve pain for lower back), it got so bad I couldn't get out of bed or go to the loo on my own. Pain, pain, pain. Tried physio, etc, in the end stumbled on this book and it saved my life - no exaggeration. It's a series of stretches and exercises to prevent all the muscles from stiffening up.

I'll probably blog about it, as its benefits are real. Today, I can go kick boxing and step aerobics - NO PAIN.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hi Mon!
Thanks for the rec!
Will certainly look into it when I'm back in Sg!
Don't think I'll order it now since I've be packing off most of the stuffs in a couple of weeks' time.

My miracle cream has arrived... so for now I'm covered. Plus there're physio and my gym back class to look after my pains now.

Wow.. you do steps and kickboxing. R.E.S.P.E.C.T!
Got to check out those classes in Amore. There used to be a studio in TB Plaza, but not anymore...

Hopefully my life will get back into shape or get me back into shape when I return to work, part time though.

monlim said...

Hey, I'm with Amore too! It's one of the cheapest lah and there's one very near my place. I go for the afternoon slots when it's less crowded with all the aunties, hehe... (some of these aunties really kickass you know!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, no Horatio? Haha, the "cool" man, keke

Have you watch Criminal Minds and NCIS? I love it! Like Prison Break becoz of the cute guy. :P

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hi Mon!

Haven't tried Amore gym before... only the wellness section. ;)
You know anything about "hot yoga"? Is there such a thing in Sg?
But will probably go for some trial classes first...
I think I can forget about Step... the last time I did, it was damaging to my knees! Hard floor!!! Very very bad!
Else, i can always go for aqua aerobics... something not so damaging to knees first :)

Sarah,
hey... long time no news from you! I can see that you're a TV addict too!
Oh... caught an episode of NCIS and Criminal Minds last year on cable when I was back in Sg... but don't think I wanna start on more leh.... ermm, I can't quite get the story of Prison Break after 1 episode. What's it actually? A series about fugitives on the run all the time?

CSI Miami is too much a detective series to me... Horatio's so self-righteous! And he's always a hero a la John Woo kind of action. Maybe I might go back to CSI Miami when I get too bored watching the other two CSIs series one day. :)